Thursday, July 21, 2016

CRIME STATISTICS WHAT DO THEY SAY ABOUT OUR COUNTRY?

sorry the print is so small. I can't read it either.

 
 

I tried looking on line  for data because I wanted to know how the violent crime rates break down. You know, who attacks who or whom, [it's been a long time since I took grammar].

I saw a few articles and I know that people who don't want to read about what I saw will say the data is skewed.  I can't really say. I tried several different sites, including the justice department and FBI, but don't know who the papers or blogs are affiliated with.

It's just so upsetting. Everything that is going on in the world now seems to be racing to some tipping point. I don't know what it will be, or how or when, but it certainly makes me think. First, I think about what happened to my "I don't want to know anything, policy", and "how have things gotten to this ugly place"?

I only stepped out of my cave briefly, but all I saw were policemen being murdered by black men. Even black policemen.  Even I couldn't duck back in and hide. I mean WTF?

I remembered from years ago that "black on black" crime was one of societies biggest problems. What I read seems to imply that it is still a huge issue, except that the blacks have been expanding to criminalizing behaviors against whites and Hispanics as well.

I am wondering why the news media isn't focusing on the fact that more black men kill each other, than do the police. The black men, are also the majority of men being arrested, so it would stand to reason they would be more likely to be killed.


THEORY: it is far easier to blame a problem on someone else ,rather than look at ones-self.

I know that emotions trump (pardon the use of the T word) logic and reasoning, but it would appear that logic has been dumped for ratings.

The more coverage the media gives these incidents, the more incidents they have to show us. The higher their ratings, the more they can charge for commercials. So, it is again, not about justice, hate crimes, law and order, but money. Whether it's the conservative or the liberal news media makes no difference. Of course the news used to be unbiased, kind of like the court system was supposed to be.  If that were the case, though,  no one would be so worried about who gets elected and gets to choose supreme court justices.

I know this is going to sound hateful. It is not meant to be. It's just my opinion.

Don't start a group called Black Lives Matter unless you're willing to go into your own neighborhoods and fix them, before protesting against the government and the law. ALL LIVES MATTER.

Three and a half years ago (approx..) there was a shooting in Fort Pierce Florida. A sergeant stopped a car for a broken tail light. As he sat in his car, the man he'd stopped, jumped out, went to the officer's car and shot him in his chest. Killing him.    Why?    Because he felt harassed.

Sergeant Gary Moreles
Gary Morales was the officer. He had been one of my university students and I had been his advisor on his master's thesis. I didn't read about his death  in the news, because I avoid the news. I saw it posted on Face Book and broke down.

He was a 35 year old married man with two young daughters.  He was charming and smart and a great person.  His parents live in my community. Every time I go out the back entrance, I pass the monument that was put up for him. For quite a while, I couldn't go out that way. He had been to my house.  I am still really upset.

I never knew that his killer was black until he recently  went to trial. The case was being dealt with by a good friend who works with judges on death penalty cases.  She'd forgotten that I  knew Gary and talked about the waste of this murders' life. He had an associates degree and his aunts talked about him spending his life in jail for a five minute, poor decision. He was no where near as awful as the men she was used to reading about. If that gives you a clue about something being wrong with our world, I don't know what would.

Eriese Tisdale

I was really upset. It turned out my friend was just venting because the judges who can't speak about the cases, can talk to her and she is the repository for things we do not want to know. I can understand that. I can even feel bad for the young man who threw his life away when he took Gary's. It took me time to see that he too was/is some kind of victim. However, I will never understand how someone can have a loaded gun in his or her car and walk up to a person and shoot them. That, I cannot wrap my brain around.  

I really, really, really , really hate guns. I really, really, really hate what poverty does to people. I really hate feeling helpless.

Are we just animals? Sometimes I think we are. I think even wild, four legged animals are greedy. They want, how do they put it?  The lion's share?  If we cannot figure out how to deal with one another, using our brains rather than our fears, we will end up living in a human jungle. I guess then, I'll probably need a gun.
    A question on gun etiquette. Does each gun color have to match my bag and shoes?




No comments:

Post a Comment