Tuesday, April 12, 2016

AND WHY WHERE WE COME FROM AND OUR NEED FOR AFFILIATION MAY BE THE DEATH OF US PART DEU

mom, dad, sister and cousins
Hello again.
Tomorrow I'm getting my first cataract surgery done and I'm not clear how long it will take for my vision to evolve. As in, how do you see with one fixed, but not clear eye and one you need your glasses for?

In any event, I decided to do this now, at least to start on it so I won't forget.
I was thinking about the need for affiliation and it led to me think about how that also can be such a destructive force.  Like if you're not one of us, you're not allowed to live.

HYPOTHESIS
We need to feel a sense of belonging. We find one or more groups to belong to. Can one be too affiliated? Or can one be so affiliated that the exclusion of others is part of the affiliation.

I believe that history will bear out that the need to exclude is as strong as the need to feel that you belong. Or unfortunately, stronger. As in, most wars have been fought  because of some difference, believed, made up, ridiculous or whatever.

COCLUSION:

Man, are we fucked.

Think about it. Really. I need to belong to my tribe. I like my tribe. It's a nice tribe and I feel good about them.

You belong to a different tribe. You like your tribe. They are nice to you. You feel good about them.

Our tribes do not agree on the color of the sky. We believe this is important because our Gods have told us what the color is, so we know we have the inside dope.
golden sky

If we could agree to disagree, we'd make it. Usually, every tribe has one. You know who I mean. The one with the big mouth. The one who can't let shit go.

One day, he meets my friend on the grass and says, " hey asshole, how is your grey sky?"  My friend, does not like his tone, and says, "get lost dude."

He comes back home and tells us the story. We are appalled at such treatment. We are proud our man's restraint. Someone says, you should have kicked his ass man. Someone else says, nah, they aren't worth it. They're idiots. They think the sky is golden.

As a little time passes, it becomes a "thing". Each tribe jokes in a sarcastic way but nothing happens.

 Not until that little spark that causes the war.  Like two little kids meet and start playing in the meadow. One says to the other, "isn't that a beautiful gold sky? " The other says, "huh"? The sky is grey." "nu uh. I was told it was gold." Their parents come over and hear them and  get into a fist fight because one kid is lying to the other.
grey sky

So everyone goes home and picks up stick and rocks and they meet in the meadow and start throwing things. Many people are hurt and some killed.

The tribes are at war. If they have any friendly tribes, they will no doubt drag them into the conflict. 

So you take sides. You have to keep your affiliation or your group will throw you out and then what? How can you live with people who believe the sky is grey?

And so it goes.

THEORY

I GET REALLY CRANKY ON AND AFTER BEING ON PREDNISONE. SO WORLD. BE CAREFUL.
IT'S ME ON STEROIDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment