Wednesday, January 13, 2016

BRIEF CONVERSATION WITH MY HUSBAND


My husband and I were just watching TV. Well, the DVR.
He was fast forwarding and I said:






This has nothing to do with the discussion. I'll find a TV and  put it at the end. This was from an airplane when I went to NY to visit friends. Nice, huh?
 
 
 
Me:  I finally did the Yoga DVD today.
Him:  You should get a helmet.
Me: I didn't realize Yoga in the living room was dangerous.
Him: No, for when you ride the bike.  You're sitting high off the ground and actually, there are several things you should get.
Like lube.
Me: KY?
Him: No! What's wrong with you?
Me:  What do I know about lubes?
Him: He starts laughing and goes into the kitchen and on his way out
Him:  There are a lot of different kinds of bicycle lubricants. Since you'll be riding this one, you should be taking care of it and know these
Me: That was a rhetorical question.
Him: Uh, yeah. As I was speaking I realized that.... vey feh. Push the play button.  


 
This is symbolic of my verbal communication skill.
 
 
 
Anyone else have this happen with their spouses?
Well, spouse. I hope you only have one because if not, it would be bigamy or polygamy and I think sometimes, that one is a tad more than I can handle. One at a time, anyway.
 


3 comments:

  1. Sorry. I forgot to mention the theory. Fact. Men and Women don't understand each other.
    Theory. Men are from Penis, Women are from Vagina. Technically, we're all from Vagina. I may need to rethink this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Nice photo from plane.
    2. You and Don are good sports to share. We had a similar, dysfunctional set of remarks, comments, etc. yesterday before, during, and after a trip to Costco. At this stage it's a cross between George Burns/Gracie Allen and Maurice Chevalier/Hermine Gingold in Gigi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I responded from my G+ mail account. I hope you get it. I'm so glad you were able to comment. And I used to adore Burns and Allen. My first boyfriend would frequently say to me " Say Goodnight Gracie". He must have foreseen the future. Marriage. It's the ears that go first.

    ReplyDelete