Sunday, December 27, 2015

WOULD YOU WEAR ANY OF THESE? from the I'm feeling silly and ridiculous collection.

   I may have a wild and crazy side, but in some ways, I am actually conservative.  That's why I'd like to know if you would wear these. And what you think of the outbreak in tee shirts that are really insulting.






Let's let everyone know we're better than they are,
              the topic

    When shopping, I see tee shirts that I like. No, I don't like them, but they make me laugh or think of someone I think might like the one I'm laughing at. The problem is, well they are often not nice. Again, no, I mean what they say on them isn't nice.

    I only bought one, once, wait, no, come to think of it, I bought two. (I'm underestimating  {lying}  since I had some actually made to order  [Jewish humor but those don't count,]  and I still feel silly wearing them so I hardly do). 
I only had the nerve to wear one of them twice. It was the one that reads : "Let's not waste time and assume I'm right". Honestly, I was embarrassed, even though I used to think it was true.  I did love wearing the "I'm no rocket surgeon" tee. Just to see if anyone noticed. Most didn't.


   I get lots of catalogs in my snail mail.  For some reason they seem to have this type of tee in them. I wanted to share the ones that were funny, or mean or insulting. The problem was how?  Whatever it would be would entail a lot of work. Either tedious, or something I didn't know how to do. 

I gave it a lot of thought. Then did some trial and error runs. Nothing I wanted to do worked.

Therefore, I decided to use a picture I already had on the computer. One  that I could write over.  I couldn't find a tee shirt or any shirt pic that would work and I didn't have the time to go through all of them.  Especially since I have thousands of photos. Pretend you're surprised.

That is why you will be seeing all of these  pix of Queen Mary the First, sporting an assortment of sayings. By the by, this is a copy of a painting I did to try to learn acrylic technique. Yes, I sometimes paint but that is, as they say, another story.

    HERE IS THE FIRST OF MANY, BUT THERE'S MORE TEXT. JUST WANTED TO GIVE YOU A BREAK FROM READING.




And Hereeeeeeeees, Mary!

 






It may look like a lot, but since you only have to read a word here and there, it shouldn't be too much work, or time. I tried to group them into categories but couldn't. The only easy one to recognize was those comprised of insults.  Others were more all over the place.
 
 
 
 
  Perfectionist that I am thought I'd have to redo this when I'm not in a fog or can figure it out. Upon reflection I realized that this was not going to happen in this lifetime, so I may have to reincarnate for that to happen. I decided to post them "as is".

I'm sure I won't be back as Dr. G. No matter how much in demand I was.

I hope you enjoy them. I also will put in some pix of actual tees at the end.


What's wrong with this picture?





















Everything in statistics is based on probability.  So you can't say for sure and when I was 14 my mother had me tested.



stupid is as stupid does. I believe that's a quote from Forrest Gump's Mom.


And where would you wear this?
or ware would you where this?
or wear would you where this? And Y would you wear this?

Ah, A women with a degree, In shopping.  Third degree BURN.

Another poke at women. Ahem. Men like to poke women.

Recognize the top one? I knew I'd seen and hear that, just didn't know where.



These to me are funny because they use words and word play and don't hurt anyone.



This got me to thinking about humor. What's funny, to whom and why?

Theory of Humor. Before I look it up. And, I'm not going to. That's your homework assignment. Let me know what you find. Probably not that much. At least in psychology. It wasn't a topic of study for a long time. Maybe it is now.

I have mentioned before that when I start to write my blog,I have no idea where I'm going. This is yet another example of what happens. My mind starts to wander as I edit and write, and I just follow it where it goes. *AD

At first blush, the two kinds of humor that jump out at me are self-deprecating, or making fun of others. It's the old two sided coin. Suicide and homicide are both acts of hostility, it just depends on who it ultimately points at.

Most people have a sense of humor. That appears to be a universal trait that people all over the planet share. What is different is what makes them laugh.  Since I only know what I'll call European/American humor I won't stray from that. Actually, I'd best keep it to humor in English because I'm not sure I'd understand Russian humor even if I understood Russian. Even British humor is different.  From what I gather, sometimes the punchline is in the middle. Between that and their accents, we miss it.

Back to topic. It seems that watching other people in distress, misery or misfortune makes us laugh. It seems very wrong, but I think it's because we are secretly happy that it isn't us.

Another way to do that, is to turn it against oneself. That way, you're not offending someone else. Unless of course, you are wearing a tee shirt telling them they are stupid.



It's really not so bad, because most people will assume that it's someone else you're referring to because who among us can admit we are stupid? And how do you know if you're stupid? Are you too stupid to know you are? Ah. Very philosophical.

However, this is a word that gets tossed around by children all too frequently. Not philosophically you idiot. Stupid. Hmmm.   It's the best defense to say someone else is dumb so you don't have to believe it's you. Although if you're calling other people that, you probably have been called it yourself. By friends and family, fellow students and the occasional teacher. And when you're little, you believe them.

A Digression. I was 18 and had just started college. I had always had trouble with math since we hit fractions. I managed to pass but my brain does not work on the side that does math.

Thankfully, I only had to take one math course at that time. It was called Logic. I still don't understand why. I've always thought of myself as a logical person, but apparently, I'm wrong. 
I can still see my teacher. I'll call him Mr. Grey. Because he was very pale of face, and wore only white starched shirts, dark grey suits and dark ties with black glasses covering pale eyes.  His first name was definitely not Christian.

Anyhow, I was really struggling. I sat right in the front row in the middle so I could focus on what he was teaching. I was trying hard.
It may have been the mid term or just a test, but I got a 56 or something in that range.
After the test, I raised my hand to ask a question. I said that "I didn't understand what he just said, could he please explain it again." His response began with "judging by what you got on the last test you don't understand anything".   

I was mortified. If I had been sitting near the door I would have run out. I think if I were by the window, I would have exited that way. Being right up front left me no one to go.
I just sat there and felt humiliated and probably had turned red even though I'm not a blusher. If I had been five years older I would have probably given him a piece of my mind.
 I have always remember that moment and how I felt. I taught briefly when I got out of school, and then for 6 years at the college level. I never, ever did anything like that to any student. I hope I was as careful with my friends.


BACK FROM A DIGRESSION


I am going to therefore conclude that in this country we have an epidemic of people who believe they are stupid and are projecting it onto everyone else. 
Projection is a psychological term. I will explain. Whether it's logical or not, I obviously won't know.
 Think of when you go to the movies. The film you're watching on screen is being projected from the machine  (projector) with the images. The machine has the images but transfers them onto the screen letting you identify what you see as yours.

People do the same thing. Let's say, you're feeling a little fat. You do not like the feeling. so instead of thinking, "am I getting fat? " you'll start to notice that your friend is getting fat or so and so gained weight and suddenly the world is filled with fat people, except you. There is probably a much easier way to explain this, but if you're looking for easy, you've come to the wrong blog.

BACK TO HUMOR

There are many different types of humor. Slap stick, dark, (I'm being PC so I didn't say black because it's not about race, it's about feelings), sick, sarcastic, off color, down right filthy, hateful, racial, male bashing, dumb blondes and I can't think of any more at the moment. You can fill in the blanks. And if your comment section works, you can actually tell me what I missed.

Sometimes I start out to write a light piece that is funny. Why is it, that I always find something that makes me start to take a serious look at, well, everything?

My shrink and husband are always telling me to lighten up. So I powdered my face with a very light shade of pale. I don't think that counts. If I'd lost ten pounds, would that have counted? Maybe I'm literal and not logical. oy. too much to ponder.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the jokes. And, maybe learned something too.

If it were up to me, I'm make sure that teachers all taught with a sense of lightness and humor that made their students enjoy learning. Maybe then we wouldn't all feel so damned     STUPID!

































1 comment:

  1. Good one. Best line was: My shrink and husband are always telling me to lighten up. So I powdered my face with a very light shade of pale.

    ReplyDelete