Thursday, November 12, 2015

Would it be totally rude?

 Good morning. It's past my bedtime so I oughtn't be held accountable for this.
 I finally found an easy way to sign up for my blog. At the very top it says "email" and you put in your email and then hit submit.
  True, it does have a verification at your email address, which may make this question moot.
   The question is, would it be ridiculously rude for me to enter my friends email addresses and sign them up? I mean, what chutzpah. What self promotion. What a cool, yet uncool idea.
   As you would have to verify your email you would still theoretically be in control of whether or not you really signed up.
   Of course, if you didn't, my feelings would be soooooooo hurt and I'm not sure I would recover.  And would you want to be responsible for my downward spiral?
   Life can be so complicated for one with a conscience.

   So, my theory is, that although it would be so easy to do, and I could probably manipulate people with guilt ( I have been culturally schooled in this matter), I conclude that it would be wrong. So I will take the moral high ground, since I was also schooled in that. No wonder I'm ridiculous. How does one reconcile all of the things I've been taught that contradict one another?
   That shall be a blog for another day. Or night. Or whatever time or day it is.
   Your friend. The befuddled Dr. G.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to take the no comments as a sign that I should put your email, if I know it, on my sign in. Then, when you get the email and open it, you'll be subscribed. This is what you get for not responding to me. Cruel and usual punishment. That's what you deserve when you ignore advice you did not ask for. And I actually did ask. That's what is so wrong. I asked. So. It's on you.

    ReplyDelete