Friday, August 5, 2016

DECISONS, DECISIONS, DECISIONS. HOW DO YOU MAKE THEM? HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S RIGHT?


We are all, constantly faced with decisions, that either have to be made right away, or those where we have time to think it through.

Sometimes it's easier when you're forced by time. With less time to think, you can sometimes work more with your gut than your head. That would probably be better for me, because as you know, my head is always putting in for overtime.

If you've been following my blog, and all the new things I've done, you know that I've overwhelmed myself with options and questions, which have possibly overwhelmed some of you too.

 Some Questions I was asking myself -
  1. Do I want three internet pages to deal with?
  2. Do I have to write the same thing on both blogs since they have the same title?
  3. Should I have a format for what to write for each day?
  4. Am I losing my memory and mind? oh. that doesn't belong here. That should be on another list. sorry.
  5. What do I do with my new Facebook page?
  6. Do I need a Facebook page?
  7. I forgot whatever other things I was asking. See no.#4.


So, here are some of the decisions I made, And because they are online, and not in "real life", they are not written in stone. I should  clarify that. To me, online is a virtual life, and not what I am actually living. It is however an integral part of all our lives, and perhaps for some, just as meaningful as the lives they actually live. For me, though,it's not. Therefore I can change online decisions if I want to, because I don't live my life on line. Of course not all decisions are that easily changed. I will address that later.

THE DECISIONS
  • I am not going to write the same post on each blog.
  • I don't usually write everyday but, I would like to have a predictable schedule.

  • Therefore:

  • Mondays will be Psychology.
  • Tuesdays will be Relationships.
  • Wednesdays will be politically related.
  • Thursdays will be hmmm. your  suggestions.
  • Fridays will be things from my life.
This will be for this blog. I don't know yet what I'll do for the other one. Not making a decision, is a way of making a decision and pretending you didn't.
 
I just realized that it's Friday. I'm writing about my life. What a nice coincidence.

As for FACEBOOK:

I had to look at my husband's page because mine is loaded with all sorts of administrative tasks for ads, and instructions that I don't understand and I was dumb enough to think, that maybe, that was what you were seeing too.

Thank God it's not. I am going to keep it because, it appears that when you sign up, you sign up to my blog on WordPress. That's a plus because I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Of course making a phone call to their 24 hour tech support would be really helpful. But in that way I'm worse than a man asking for directions. I'll do it. Just don't rush me. See. That's why having a
deadline for a decision is good.


 


Theory, Hypothesis etc. As my former format.

I'm only going to use them when they fit. Of course they can always be made to fit, but, I'll see how it goes without.

Life is like an experiment. There are too many confounding variables to be able to predict anything.


DECISION MAKING AS A TOPIC:
[pretend this is for a Monday]

Not all decisions are difficult. Although they can be for certain people. I've had friends who were so messed up from being in an alcoholic marriage, that they couldn't decide which peas to buy.  That sounds extreme, but when you are so worried about what other people think, every decision can become an ordeal.

If you fit this category of having trouble with even the smallest things, you're probably a people pleaser. Check back and read my previous post on that issue. It was a popular one.

The majority of problems for most people usually come when it's a big decision. Like getting married (or living together?) or divorced,  buying a house, what career to choose, should I go to the doctor,should I share my feelings with so & so,  and anything else you might consider that I didn't.

These are decisions that will have a huge impact on your life. Those should require time and thought.

I'm one of those people who like to make lists of pros and cons. I like to investigate the possibilities of the financial realities of the choice, the emotional ones, the physical ones, and I like to plan.



Once you've made a decision, you don't have to rush into it.

There's an old joke.  Three frogs are sitting on  a lily pad. One says, "I've decided that I'm going to jump into the water". The other frogs are, sure, whatever.
Two hours later, how may frogs were sitting on the pads? 

Three of course. Once decided to jump. However, he hasn't done it yet.





Which brings me to the not making a decision, decision. If you say you can't choose between the rock and the hard place just yet, you are really choosing to stay between the rock and the hard place.

Not choosing leaves you where you are. I'll assume that you've told people you want to change and choose one or the other or something else. 
That would suggest that you aren't happy where you are. So by freezing in place, you don't allow yourself a choice but think you have one. 

I get it. Changing sucks because it means facing fears and the unknown. The old adage of staying with what you know because it is less frightening is true.
No one ever said it was better, or healthier or had the potential for growth.

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S RIGHT for you?

Usually, you don't. Not before hand. And sometimes not even for a while afterwards.

Personally, I've come to the conclusion that what you decided to do, is the right
decision.


                 


Also, unless the decision is irreversible, you can always make another decision and another change. Well, if your spouse doesn't want you back, that may not be an option, but you can still make another change if you feel this one isn't quite right.


Life if filled with constant changes and decisions to be made. Probably, after you've died, you won't be able to change those decisions, but until then, life is filled with possibilities.



What it takes is strength. Courage is a word that people don't understand. It doesn't mean that you're not afraid. It means that in spite of your fear, you go charging into the breach and pray. If you stay put, you'll never know whether or not you missed something. I guess that's okay too. You can't know what you don't know.

 
THANKS FOR READING
 

          

No comments:

Post a Comment