Saturday, July 2, 2016

IF A POLITICAL PARTY INVESTIGATES A POLITICIAN, WHO PAYS?

Who remember Ken Starr? Nice suit he's wearing, yeah?


Good morning everyone.  I feel like going on a rant. Want to come along?

I remember when Bill Clinton was president. One thing I can agree on was that he was a man who had trouble keeping it in his pants.  Apparently he is not the only elected official with this type of problem, (or person) but since the press finally decided (or were told)  they could print anything they heard or knew, he was probably of the first presidents to be treated to this type of exposure. That could be a pun, or double entendre.

 
It didn't matter that the job that he was doing as a public official was good. It happened because of our delightful two party system. 

Where does that term come from? Party?  Maybe, like when you're a teen and you have lots of friends, and like three of them are having a party on the same night and oh my God, you have to decide which one to go to. Oh no. Who do I like best? or. Where will I be seen by more people, or maybe, I have to find out where the person I want to hook up will be?

So, I have to choose a party. So.  I choose,  Me.  I'm so overwhelmed, I stay home.  Most people are not like me. At least I like to think so.

 I am not in the mood to do research, so you can ,or you can just be as annoyed as I am, at what has become essentially a two party system of self serving politic rats, who seem to believe that they are serving their country by tearing it apart.

It isn't just the US. The whole world seems to be going crazy. Well, going broke which caused them to go crazy. In the past, when a country went broke, it used to go to war so it could steal resources from its enemies or anyone they could beat up. Or possibly conquer. That worked for ages, right up to this common era.  All the way up to Viet Nam.  Then things changed. War had been, well sort of civilized. There had been rules of combat. Certain conditions had been in place since the beginning of time and although there were always exceptions to those rules, you had some sense of what was okay and what wasn't. Idiotic as it may have been, it was.

Then comes the War on Terror. There are no longer rules, although we still seem to expect the "enemies" to adhere to some of them. That too should be another post, so I'll stop here.

People say that wars are fought for Religion, but really, it's always about money and power.

In my opinion, Muslim extremists want the power to keep their women in Birkas and control everything in their homes and lives. After seeing what they have of Western culture, I can't say that I blame their ideas about it. Their tactics, well, no thanks.

my train went off the track. get used to it.

I suppose I should first wonder how a country goes broke. Regardless of how many political parties, or how few, countries do have faltering economies.  Again. I am not doing any research.

However, my title at least gives us a clue on some of what the USA has been spending my tax dollars on.

I am sure that the Democrats are no better. It's just that these are the two law suits and investigations I'm familiar with, so I've use these as examples.

At this point it doesn't matter. It seems that each party is going for broke. Ha Ha Ha! They use their dollars to sling mud at the other candidates. Another good use of money. And, another good reason to DVR everything. We had some bitter fights here last year, and every other minute there was a political commercial. Do you have that in England and France? I've no idea. I'm so, provincial.

 WHEN THE PARTIES GO AFTER EACH OTHER.......

For starters, When Bill was in office, the Republicans weren't happy. PS* He was the only president who balanced the budget, but why should that matter?* another digression. 
 So, they wanted dirt. They looked under a lot of rocks and they found dirt. Who doesn't have dirt? I do. I can't keep up with the cleaning and I admit, I have made some doozy mistakes in my life.  Thank God no one cares. That's why I keep a low profile. I mean like, if 50 people have looked at this blog, that's low. Right?

So, Ken Starr was the appointed independent council to investigate the Clintons. I think it was related to White Water, Paula Jones and Vince Foster. It doesn't matter. They would have found something.  What matters was that Mr. Starr had a huge hard on for Bill. (I'm glad he didn't go after Nixon.+ That would have been too gross even for me to write. but you can think it). +if you don't recall, his nickname, was tricky Dick.

So, if memory serves, he did get to impeach Clinton which was annoying and didn't really change anything. Except maybe lots of lost hours and 40 million dollars over the course of two years.

That's right. I remember the joke. Ken Starr got $40 million dollars and all he ended up with was a lousy suit. Probably, that's not quite the quote, but is the shoe fits.






I did look up whose money it was. On this I felt I needed to fact check. This is how the independent counsel was explained in an old CNN article. I consider them to be a very reliable source.  The expenses by the ind. counsel are governed by the federal courts and then passed to the justice department for payment. I stopped there.  Basically, the counsel spends money, then hands it over to other officials who pass them on to other officials to pay. Nice.
maybe we should pay our soldiers the $20.5 million for risking their lives.



The most recent investigation also took two years. I wonder if there's a time limit. Anyway, it has been reported that the Republicans spent, get this, 20.5 million dollars to probe into what happened in Benghazi.

This figure came from  an online paper called "Politic USA" and was corroborated by another paper called the Observer.

I'M SURE YOU'LL BE HAPPY TO KNOW THIS FIGURE EXCEEDS THE ENTIRE BUDGET FOR THE HOUSE INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE. No wonder they can't get anything done. They are underfunded.

Much to their disappointment, they found out that Hillary didn't do anything wrong. Wow. If we'd only listened to the initial hearings, we might not have had to spend so many millions of dollars.
um. did anyone remember to close the window?


 

WHAT ELSE DO GOVERMENTS WASTE OUR MONEY ON?

My favorite American trick, is that we call "the Federal Reserve Bank".
That makes it sound like it's owned by the USA.  It's not. It's a private bank. And if you think about it, they set the interest rates. The are the ones who are asked for predictions about the economy. Mm.  Any time we get money from the Federal Reserve, we are borrowing it. That's right. We have to borrow our own money. Well, we don't have our own money I guess, except then what happens to all the money they, the government, collects? Oh, I guess we have to pay it back the Fed. And anyone else we have borrowed from .

What is the Federal Reserve Bank?

A Federal Reserve Bank is a regional bank of the Federal Reserve System, the central banking system of the United States. There are twelve in total, one for each of the twelve Federal Reserve Districts that were created by the Federal Reserve Act of 1913.[1] The banks are jointly responsible for implementing the monetary policy set forth by the Federal Open Market Committee, and are divided as follows:  I left that out. Who cares.  This part I had to search for.

How much does it cost the US to get money from the Feds?

Cost per denomination$1 & $2 notes= 5.2 cents per note
$5 & $10 notes = 8.5 cents per note
$20 & $50 notes =9.2 cents per note
        $100 note = 7.7 cents per note    

*This information came from a site called, well read it yourself.

 
 *G.Lee Inc. Presents "The Hidden Truth".

If that's not a coincidence of really weird proportion, I don't know what it. Even though it's not quite my real name. Still.  Sorry. I have to dash.

It's 24 hours later, but you don't know that. I want to finish this, but I am fuming. We had a heavy downpour last evening and this morning I went out to post a birthday card and our huge cacti was falling over, really badly. I thought  I could  right them  myself, but alas, I'm a lass and made it worse. So I asked my husband for emergency help.

These are 3 trunks semi propped up






this is near the bottom where I tried to put them back in and keep them from toppling. Oy.
















He did come out. I was frantic. I had an extra support I thought would work. He helped me out. Somewhat. You know, when you know, when someone's reluctant to be doing something. Right? So, I thought I'd gotten a handle on it and said" Thank you very much". I meant it sarcastically, but he left. And boom. The third trunk fell over and I didn't know what to do. Long story short, I jury rigged it with some hose protectors. I don't know what they're called. You stick them in the ground so when you water, your hose doesn't trample the flowers.

So. I am pissed. I told him I was upset. So he said, "well you said thank you and I wanted to get back to my coffee and morning routine."  I said something about knowing where I stood on that list. He told me I let him know he was done. So what was I bitching about? I just walked away.  I don't want to say anything I'll regret. They say that's important in marriage. Never say mean things. Like you're a selfish *(&^!.  I wouldn't want to hear it, so I won't say it.

WHERE THE HELL WERE WE?

At this juncture, I'm sure you get the point. Our governments spend money they don't really have, keep borrowing to pay the bills that are due, tax us to pay their debts, raise interest rates to pay more debts. No, they ask the Fed to raise interest rates. And then. They blame everyone else.

it's a bit small to read, but I wouldn't believe it anyway.
It's exactly like a parent and child. They model bad behavior and when the child does the same thing, the parent punishes the child. My dad used to love to say, "Do as I say, not as I do".  Pearls of wisdom. Thankfully, I didn't do as he did nor as he said.


THEORY:  the rich get rich and the poor get poorer. THE RICH SET IT UP SO WE FIGHT EACH OTHER AND NOT THEM.

None of this is new, or news. I've lived long enough to know that. I have also studied history. In this year of a presidential election, they are saying, "let's make this country great again".  Did they not read the classic "The Rise and Fall of the Roman  Empire"?


I can't tell anyone what to do or what will help. I keep waiting for someone from the European/Anglo nations to revolt. Not that in the past it has really done much. So, if what has worked in the past comes again, there will be scape goats.

MY SINCERE, BUT TO YOUR EARS, PROBABLY RIDICULOUS SOUNDING ADVICE:

1. I do not recommend if you can't fight them, join them. Never join them. They are very wrong.
2. Live your life in your own circle. Create it and live in it. I'm not suggesting a fantasy world. Just a circle of family and friends who you love and enjoy.
3. Try not to listen to the news unless it's the weather and there might be a hurricane or tornado on the way.
4. If you can't change it, ignore it.
5. If you can change it, go for it. Don't be discouraged or disappointed. You did your best.
6.Don't hurt, or take advantage of other people because it's wrong. Do your best to be a moral person.
7. Don't take candy from strangers. Even if it is chocolate .







No comments:

Post a Comment