Sunday, March 13, 2016

SURVIVAL OF THE FLEETEST by LUKE SHYWALKER



yay monkeys!
My monkey mind works and wham!  A great title for something comes into my brain. Sometimes, I even have a story [or a post ] that would go with it. Often, ( Like always, who am I kidding? I know I'm not going to write a book, so it drops out of my mind and is gone forever. If I were an author, the world has missed some seriously great titles. 

A little ray of cloud shine


Do you think there is a market for a book that consists of just book titles, but, without the book?  I suppose it would look a bit like an end page of a book listing all the books the author had written, only would hopefully be funny or esoteric or with a double entendre.

I'll see if I can think of some since I can't remember any at the moment and if I wrote some down, I can't remember where to look.  How About?

  •  The Isle of Lesbos isn't just for Lovers. 
  •  Camel toe. A Tale of King Arthur's Court and the Knights of the Tight Pants Table.
  •  Death Becomes You. (that sounds familiar, it's probably been used.)
  •  My husband just suggested one after I forced him to look at this.
  •  An intergalactic tale about Luke Shylocker, sky pawnbroker.
  • How To Do Nothing Successfully.  (I think I mastered this one)    
 
He says that I have a, what was the word?  Unusual sense of humor? He's right. I don't mind making jokes about death or disease and a guess it used to be called a black sense of humor, but I'll be politically correct and call it dark.


I also make  great typos and mix up the beginning and end of sentences. That only happens when I'm speaking because even I would see that it made no sense. Probably.  

For example, not long ago I said that "I feel obligated to start what I finished."

Then I was writing about Star Wars and I created (by accident), a new character named Luke Shywalker.

And something else happens, at night. I think of something that I want to say or write. Usually, I don't get up to write it down, but when I do, the words stop flowing and it just doesn't sound the same. That's when I wish there were a machine that could take my thoughts down like a tape recorder. At least if I had an actual transcript of what I'd been thinking, I'd know for sure whether or not I was deluding myself. After all, it may sound as horrible in my head as it does on paper.

As you can tell. This was not thought out. Of course, most of them aren't but this is particularly on the fly. So I will sign off and probably remember twelve good titles that I should have written. Just like what happens the day after someone insults you. Everything you could have said comes to mind. But as they say, better never, than late.
Adios.










No comments:

Post a Comment